Phillip Tom and Sons Limited (referred to below as we, our or us) is the owner and operator of www.ptsfunerals.co.uk (the Website). We are committed to respecting your privacy. This statement explains our policy regarding the personal information we collect from you from forms you complete and submit to us, information you provide to us over the telephone and/or in connection with your use of our Website.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
1. About Us
Our contact and registration details are as follows:
Company Name: Phillip Tom and Sons Limited
Country of Registration: England and Wales
Company Number: 5032109
VAT Number: N/A
Registered office: Beaconsfield House, 155a Commercial St, Newport Rd, Risca, Gwent NP11 6EY
Tel: 01633 615005
2. Personal information we collect about you
2.1 We may collect the following types of personal information from you either via the Website or when you request our services either over the telephone or by completing a paper form that you submit to us:
* Contact details: information that allows us to contact you directly such as your name, email address, telephone number and addresses associated with your account;
* Order history: information on the services we provide, and arrangements made for the funeral of the deceased to advise the next of kin of those arrangements in the event of a future death within the family;
* Payment information: credit/debit card details and bank account details you provide to make payment for the products and services you purchase from us;
* Records of your discussions with our customer support teams: when you share comments and opinions with us, ask us questions, make a complaint or provide comments to us on the feedback cards we provide, we will keep a record of this. This includes when you send us emails, phone our support team;
* How you use the Website: when you use the Website, we collect information about the pages you look at and how you use them; and
* Location information: your computer’s IP address may tell us an approximate location when you connect to our websites, but this will be no more precise than the city, state or country you are using your device in.
You are not required to provide any of the personal information described above to us, however, if you do not do so, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website or our services.
3. How we use your personal information
|Purpose||Personal information used||Lawful basis|
|Process your orders and maintain your account||All the personal information we collect||This is necessary to fulfil our contract with you.|
|Take payment for products (such funeral flowers)||Transaction and payment information||This is necessary to fulfil our contract with you.|
|Contact you to make arrangements for the provision of our products/services||Contact details||This is necessary to fulfil our contract with you.|
|Answer your queries or complaints||All the personal information we collect||We have a legitimate interest to answer your query and improve the services we provide.|
|Direct marketing (where you have opted to receive communications from
us about other services we offer such as funeral plans or memorial services
|Contact details||We will ask for your consent to process your data for each of these purposes, You may revoke your consent at any point by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email sent to you.|
|Administration of the Website including content presentation||All the personal information we collect||We have a legitimate interest to improve the services we provide to you.|
|Contact the winners of any competition we run||Contact details||This is necessary to fulfil our contract with you.|
|Develop new products and services||All the personal information we collect.||We have a legitimate interest to improve the products and services we provide.|
|Staff training||All the personal information we collect||We have a legitimate interest to improve the products and services we provide.|
4. Change of purpose
4.1 We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
4.2 If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
4.3 Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. Where we collect your personal information from
We will collect personal information from a number of sources. These include the following:
* Directly from you: when complete electronic and/or paper forms we provide to you, enter our competitions and promotions, contact us by phone, email or communicate with us directly in some other way.
* Our Website: provides us with information about how you use it and the devices in your home that you connect to it.
6. Who we share your personal information with:
* Third parties to the extent required to provide our services to you: such as the crematorium/cemetery, churchyard authority and funeral officiant.
* Third parties where you have instructed us to pass on your contact information for the purpose of them providing their services to you: such as florist services, musicians to perform at a funeral service, dove release and memorial jewellery services.
* Other service providers and advisors: such as companies that support our IT, help us analyse the data we hold, send communications to our customers, provide us with legal or financial advice and generally help us deliver our services to you.
* The Government or our regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations.
* Police and law enforcement: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime.
In common with most websites, our Website logs various information about visitors, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP) information, referring / exit pages and date / time stamp.
We may use this information to analyse trends, administer the Website, track your movement around the Website and gather broad demographic information. However, we do not link this information to personally identifiable information.
We also use Google Analytics which sets cookies to collect information about how visitors use our Website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We do not disclose personal information to anyone else except as set out above. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of our products and services but we will make sure no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
7. Direct Marketing
Email and post marketing: from time to time, we may contact you by email or post (whichever you have opted in to) with information about our services.
We will only send marketing messages to you in accordance with the marketing preferences you set when you create your account or that you tell us you are happy to receive.
You can then let us know at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing messages by sending an email to us at email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing messages we send to you.
8.Transferring your personal information internationally
We will not transfer your information to, or store it, outside of the European Economic Area.
9. Retention, updating and removal of your personal information
9.1 Where you provide us with personal information during the course of your usage of the Website or our services, we may retain this information for future use for a period of up to 6 years, unless you provide your express consent to allow us to retain your personal information indefinitely.
9.2 You are responsible for ensuring that the personal information that we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should check it on a regular basis. Much of the personal information that we hold about you can be updated through our Website, and where this personal information changes you can update it yourself. If you are unable to do this however you can contact us using the details in paragraph below called “Contacting us” and, where appropriate, we will update the relevant personal information for you.
9.3 We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach of our obligations under data protection laws, where we are legally required to do so.
10.1 Our Website has numerous security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, such as passwords and firewalls. We cannot, however, guarantee that these measures are, or will remain, adequate. We do, however, take data security very seriously and will use all reasonable endeavours to protect the integrity of the information you provide.
11. Your rights in relation to your personal information
11.1 You have the following rights in relation to your personal information: (i) the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used; (ii) the right to access the personal information we hold about you; (iii) the right to opt-out of receiving direct marketing messages; (iv) the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you; (v) the right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal information where the processing does not comply with applicable data protection laws and; (vi) the right to request that we port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
11.2 To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions or concerns relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
11.3 If you make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, it will be dealt with in accordance with our complaints handling procedure. In the first instance it will be reviewed by our customer care team who will respond to you within 28 days. If you are dissatisfied with this response you may request that your complaint be escalated, in which case it will be passed to a senior person in our business who will review your complaint and the initial response and provide a further response within 28 days of your request to escalate the matter.
11.4 If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see https://ico.org.uk/for–thepublic/raising–concerns/ for more information.
11.5 You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
11.6 We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
11.7 We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
12. Links to third party sites
Our Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit so that you can understand how they treat your personal data.
13. Changes to this privacy notice
14. Contacting us
If you need to contact us about this policy or any matters relating to the personal information we hold on you, you can write to us at the address at Beaconsfield House, 155a, Commercial Street, Newport Road, Risca, Gwent. NP11 6EY or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org